DIY: Photoframe

Leave a Comment
Hello people!

I am happy. Touchwood. I tried something new today. And it was totally spur of the moment. Like totally. I think this is the advantage of not planning your weekends and just walking here and there. Out of one shop and into the next.

So as you would have figured out from the title, I made this photo frame today. I had a beautiful picture of my mom dad and had been thinking of buying a good frame for it to put in my room and as I was searching for one today, I thought of making one myself and ended up in a stationary shop. There as I was looking for a card board for the base, I remembered that we have our new refrigerator packing box (for we just furnished our new apartment. Clean which is.) which we were thinking of throwing out! You can imagine my excitement at this ingenious idea ( I know. I know. It's not that big a deal. But this is my blog. My space.). So anyway, after I realized I have something for the base, I quickly bought some stuff to decorate the frame with, got home and just started working on it!

WARNING: Do not get too excited about stuff which includes Fevicol and tape and sketch pens. Make sure you change into something not so precious as your white linen shirt before you start working with the above :P

So this is what the frame looks like.


For any of you who is interested to make a similar frame, I used the following things:

1. A portion of the refrigerator packing box
2. Hand made paper
3. Cotton
4. Pair of scissors
5. Fevicol
6. Scotch tape
7. marker
8. Photograph
9. Decorative threads

To make the frame, I did the following:

1. Cut a piece of the packing box according to the photograph I wanted to put in the frame
2. Made a boundary of the photograph in the center of the card board piece
3. Pasted lots of cotton around the boundary  in order to make the sides around the photograph protrude out
4. Covered the cotton with hand made paper
5. Pasted the photo in its place
6. Made some designs with decorative threads

I sent my parents a picture of their picture in my frame and I am sure they smiled :)

So. I am happy. Touchwood. Also, this is a new thing I did this weekend. As I had promised myself I would every weekend!

Happy DIY.

Until next weekend.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment