Simple, Soulful Sundays.

1 comment
After a hectic work week, last minute cancellations of a Friday girl's night and a failed attempt to understand a movie everyone on FB was raving about, I really wanted a Sunday that would pat me on my back and tell me that everything is Ok!

In comes (drum-roll moment)  a colorful scarf, a good book and a cafe which was good enough to serve me some hot chocolate on a wooden chair (you could choose to sit on a Grandpa chair or a bean bag or simple a cushioned one as well) with some of my favorite Hindi songs in the background.

Cafe Wanderlust, Galleria Market, Gurgaon

I had a couple of books lying at my place, some mine, some borrowed from friends years ago, some half-read and some barely touched. I took them all in my Jhola bag ( for that's the beauty of them, isn't it?) and headed to Cafe Wanderlust. I finally settled on finishing Lowland  for it is such an endearing read. Only a few books are worth welling up for and Lowland is certainly one of them. I love the way Jhumpa Lahiri has intertwined subjects of traditions, love, responsibilities, passion, revolution, vulnerabilities and tragedy into a single book. It's a book you just keep reading and sobbing along. It's a book which can turn your Sunday into a soulful one.

Top: Melange
Jeans: Only
Jhola bag: Lifestlye
Dupatta: Mysore Silk Udyog, Bangalore
Earrings: CP
I think little deviations from normality is what makes you revel in those simple pleasures of life later. At least that's the case with me. For movies like Interstellar are ingenious but I still love Jab We Met, Devil Wears Prada and Julie and Julia. For a royal blue blazer is really sexy ( I think!) but nothing beats the (conventional) charm of an off white top, a pair of blue jeans with big earrings and a silk dupatta. For there is no world better to escape into than that of a good book.

Keep styling, keep reading and keep wandering!

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment :